Sunday, May 26, 2013

Where Babies Come From

As parents we have prepared for that moment when one of our girls asks the questions, "Where do babies come from?"  We have read books and discussed possible responses as a couple; so, I was prepared to give an answer.  But I was not prepared for an equally challenging question that Lucy asked me while we were lying in bed the other night.  She asked, "Daddy, how do babies get out of a mommy's tummy?"  I gave an honest but simple answer, and then waited silently for her reply.  Once again I got something I was not expecting.

She gave a quiet chuckle and said, "Oh, I thought the angels in Heaven grab a baby and crack open a seed and stuff the baby inside the seed.  Then they throw the seed down to Earth and inside a mommy's belly.  Then the baby puffs up and the mommy puffs up even bigger until the mommy EXPLODES!  Then the baby is born."  

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Curtis just asked me the same question on Sunday. I didn't respond. Now I know what to say--I'll just use Lucky's explanation.

    ReplyDelete