We also played spoons, and I was the first player to collect a S-P-O-O-N. By the time I had my "N" only two other players even had a single letter. Somehow, I refocused and played some great defense, and watched 3 other players go out and Jared collect his S-P-O-O-N before it came down to the last and ultimate round between the two of us. He, of course won, but I only need one card to win. And when he revealed his hand at the end of the game he had that one card! We couldn't believe it; it's as akin to a photo finish in cards as I think you can get! Funny stories, memorable moments, vacations, and traditions of the Bawden family established in 2002.
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
New Year's Eve
We spent New Year's Eve with our friends the Mackey's for the 6th year in a row. In typical fashion Jared tried his hardest to conquer and dominate every game. For the most part he succeeded, but Janeen and I did win one game of Nerps over him as a team.
We also played spoons, and I was the first player to collect a S-P-O-O-N. By the time I had my "N" only two other players even had a single letter. Somehow, I refocused and played some great defense, and watched 3 other players go out and Jared collect his S-P-O-O-N before it came down to the last and ultimate round between the two of us. He, of course won, but I only need one card to win. And when he revealed his hand at the end of the game he had that one card! We couldn't believe it; it's as akin to a photo finish in cards as I think you can get!

The best part of the evening was that all three of our girls stayed awake to celebrate the New Year with us!
We also played spoons, and I was the first player to collect a S-P-O-O-N. By the time I had my "N" only two other players even had a single letter. Somehow, I refocused and played some great defense, and watched 3 other players go out and Jared collect his S-P-O-O-N before it came down to the last and ultimate round between the two of us. He, of course won, but I only need one card to win. And when he revealed his hand at the end of the game he had that one card! We couldn't believe it; it's as akin to a photo finish in cards as I think you can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment