Sunday, January 5, 2014

Wake Up

Ruby loves technology. Although all of our kids grew up around technology, none of the older kids were inundated quite like Ruby. Ruby was born in the age of the tablet - and she can navigate our iPad better than anyone in the house.

I got a new phone last week and downloaded her favorite games that she plays on the iPad. While using my phone today she comes up to me and says, "Dad you can please wake up all these?" At first I thought she was playing some sort of game where the characters had fallen asleep.  But once I saw what she was pointing at I realized she really wanted me to "restore the purchases" I had previously made with the app on the iPad.

Although I had downloaded the free version of the app on my phone, I had forgotten that I had made in-app purchases. Ruby hadn't forgotten - she knew right where to go to find them - she just didn't know the correct terminology, so she used words that made sense to her. And why shouldn't "wake up" mean to restore purchases?  Makes sense to me.  If an app is asleep you can't play with it, so you better wake it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment